- Start of the retreat : Friday May 10th
- Starting from May 10th for 6 to 10 days: Héruka 5 deities initiation followed by Vajrayogini initiation
- From the day following the end of the initiations, four daily sessions of the Vajrayogini sadhana.
- Rinpoche should be with us until approximately June 10th.
- Fire puja : Saturday 15th in the morning.
- Self-initiation and end of the retreat : Saturday June 15th in the afternoon.
The Vajrayogini practice is a mother tantra belonging to the Maha-annutara Yoga Tantra. To participate in the retreat, one should have taken refuge previously and one should have received the Vajrayogini initiation. If you have not received the initiation previously, it will be given in the first few days of the retreat and will be accompanied by the taking of tantric vows and specific life commitments (see below). For those who have never received a Maha-annutara Yoga Tantra initiation, Rinpoche will first give the initiation of Heruka (father tantra), which is a pre-requisite for the Vajrayogini initiation.
ALL retreatants must be present during at least the first 10 days of the retreat, from May 10th to May 19th included. Therefore, it is not possible to arrive at the Institute after May 10th.
All retreatants also commit to take part in the four daily sessions.
- Heruka Five Deities initiation: daily recitation of the six sessions guru yoga for life AND daily short sadhana of Heruka Five Deities for life.
- Vajrayogini initiation: Rinpoche has indicated that the commitment "this time ... is some mantra every day for the rest of your life. If people can do retreat, that is best. Need to recite a minimum of 100,000 mantras to do the fire puja".
- Vajrayogini commentary: Rinpoche has not indicated yet what the commitment will be to receive the commentary of the Vajrayogini practice. For example, it could be the recitation of 400,000 mantras in a retreat setting or a daily recitation of the Vajrayogini sadhana. This commitment will apply to all retreatants, including those who will only take part in a few days of retreat after the initiations.
Lodging on site at the Institute will be reserved first and foremost for people doing the full retreat (from May 10th to June 15th). Other lodging options will be available close to the Institute.
We wish to propose the lowest possible rates to enable as many people as possible to join the retreat, and if possible the full retreat. To help us to finalize a realistic budget and to offer you the most appropriate options, we are requesting more information about the number of retreatants and their length of stay.
A Vajrayogini retreat at Institut Vajra Yogini with commentary of the practise by Lama Zopa Rinpoche is a unique event and an extraordinary opportunity for us all to accumulate merit by supporting the organization and the participants, including the ordained sangha.
If you wish to contribute, please contact us by email and if you wish your donation to go to a specific budget item, thank you for letting us know.
If you haven't yet subscribed to the newsletter of the Vajrayogini 2019 retreat, please click here.
Hoping to meet many of you, with Rinpoche, next Spring ! !
With our best wishes,